Monday, April 8, 2013

The Message/The First Envelope

I decided to keep the message inside the card short. I wrote, "you've received this because in some way you've shown me a kindness and I appreciate it. You don't have to do anything, but if you can, will you pay this kindness forward? Thank you, Michelle."

I had quite a few errands to run today, so I left with a feeling of excitement. Would I give one out today? Several? None? Would I just know when it would be the right time? My mind was swirling!

The first two stops I made, nothing. Then I went to Nino Salvaggio's a local gourmet fruit market. I had almost forgotten by this point. There was a young man, an employee by the cheesecake. Yes, I still love cheesecake. We chatted for a moment. He was engaging, polite and kind. I got so excited! I thanked him and pulled an envelope from my purse. I told him he made my day. He had a big smile on his face as he accepted the envelope and thanked me. I moved on toward the checkout, wondering about him opening it. Would he tell anyone? Would he pay it forward? No idea! But I have faith in the human race and think most who I give them to will follow through.

That was really fun! Who will I encounter for #2? I'm looking forward to the adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear who the next person will be! Very thoughtful idea. People are so quick to complain or criticize but not to say "Thanks". I bet you made his day!

    ReplyDelete